Use of this Website
Except as otherwise stated, Odyssey Re Holdings Corp. (”Odyssey Group”) does not collect data containing confidential or personally identifying information (also referred to as Personal Data, Sensitive Personal Data and Confidential Personal Information and, collectively, “CPI”) from visitors to this website, unless provided by the visitor or the visitor’s browser. Odyssey Group has adopted policies to protect the confidentiality of your CPI, including social security number, and to limit access to those with a need to know such information. Odyssey Group will not use information provided through your use of this website, except to respond to direct enquiries or to measure traffic and traffic trends at this website. Odyssey Group does not provide or sell any of this information to third parties.
Visitors to this website should be aware that Odyssey Group may collect information using cookies or similar technology. Cookies are small files that are written to visitors’ computers or mobile devices when they visit a website. Visitors’ browsers send the cookies back to the website every time they re-visit the website in order that it may recognize them or for record-keeping purposes. Visitors may opt-out of receiving cookies by changing their browser settings.
Odyssey Group reserves the right to change its policy regarding cookies and the collection of information from visitors to this website at any time without advance notice. Should any new policy be put into effect, Odyssey Group will post it on this website and the new policy will apply only to information collected thereafter. Any such policy will permit visitors to “opt out” of the collection of CPI.
Information Collected, Use and Disclosure of Your Information
Odyssey Group limits the collection, disclosure and use of CPI to only what is needed to properly produce, underwrite, service and administer its insurance and reinsurance products and/or to fulfill legal or regulatory requirements and includes, but is not limited to:
- producing business
- quoting, underwriting and renewing insurance products
- policy administration
- claims administration, adjusting and management
- fraud detection, investigation, prosecution and prevention
- loss control
- other purposes outside the (re)insurance lifecycle that are necessary for the provision of (re)insurance throughout the insurance (re)lifecycle period
- business activities that Odyssey Group may legally undertake
Please note that Odyssey Group may also disclose CPI for these purposes to our service providers, contractors, agents and other group companies that perform activities on our behalf.
Odyssey Group does not sell information to any third parties and does not use it for marketing any of its insurance products.
Data Odyssey Group May Collect About You (Your CPI)
In order for us to provide (re)insurance quotes, (re)insurance products and/or deal with any claims or complaints, Odyssey Group needs to collect and process CPI. The types of CPI that are collected and processed may include:
- Individual Details – Name, address (including proof of address), other contact details (for example, email address and telephone numbers), gender, marital status, date and place of birth, nationality, employer, job title, employment history and family details, including their relationship to you.
- Identification Details – Identification numbers issued by government bodies or agencies, including your social security number, national insurance number, passport number, tax identification number and driver’s licence number.
- Financial Information – Bank account or credit/payment card details, income or other financial information.
- Risk Details – Information about you which Odyssey Group needs to collect in order to assess the risk(s) to be (re)insured and provide a quote. This may include data relating to your health, criminal convictions or other special categories of CPI. For certain types of products, this could also include telematics data.
- Policy Information – Information about the quotes you receive and policies you take out.
- Credit and Anti-Fraud Data – Credit history, credit score, sanctions, criminal offenses and information received from various anti-fraud databases relating to you.
- Previous and Current Claims – Information about previous and current claims (including other unrelated insurances), which may include data relating to your health, criminal convictions or other special categories of CPI and, in some cases, surveillance reports.
- Special Categories of CPI – Health records, criminal convictions, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric or data concerning sex life or sexual orientation.
Where Odyssey Group Might Collect Your CPI From
Odyssey Group might collect your CPI from various sources, including:
- your family members, employer or representative;
- other insurance market participants;
- the internet;
- credit reference agencies;
- anti-fraud databases, sanctions lists, court judgments and other databases;
- government agencies;
- the open electoral register; or
- in the event of a claim, third parties, including other parties to the claim (claimant / defendant), witnesses, experts (including medical experts), loss adjustors, attorneys and claims handlers.
Which of the above sources apply will depend on your particular circumstances.
If you send personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, to Odyssey Group or if other users or third parties send correspondence about your activities or postings on our site to Odyssey Group, irrespective of the source of the CPI, Odyssey Group may collect such information in a file specific to you. Odyssey Group uses information in the file that it maintains for you and other information that Odyssey Group obtains from your use of the services to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce this website’s Terms and Conditions of Use.
Safeguarding Your Privacy
Odyssey Group is committed to protecting your privacy. Odyssey Group maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your CPI from unauthorized access. Odyssey Group reviews its policies and practices, monitors its computer networks, tests the strength of its security and monitors its compliance with relevant laws and regulations in order to help it ensure the safety of your CPI.
Odyssey Group may use affiliated companies and/or service providers located outside of the European Union to process and store CPI. Those transfers would always be made in compliance with relevant laws and regulations. If you would like further details about how your CPI would be protected if transferred outside the EEA, please contact Odyssey Group’s General Counsel’s Office as indicated below.
For your convenience, this site contains links to other sites. Odyssey Group is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. For more information about Odyssey Group’s policies with regard to third party websites, please see the Terms and Conditions of Use.
Accessing Your CPI
You have the right to access your CPI that is in Odyssey Group’s possession or under its control in order to verify the accuracy and completeness of the CPI. To request access, please send your written request to Odyssey Group’s General Counsel as indicated below. Odyssey Group will respond to your request within thirty (30) days or advise you if additional time is required to respond to your request.
There may be situations in which Odyssey Group is legally prohibited from allowing you access to your personal information. If this is the case, Odyssey Group will advise you of why, subject to any legal restrictions.
Please note that, in certain circumstances, such as manifestly unfounded or excessive requests, a reasonable processing fee may apply, or Odyssey Group may refuse to act on your request.
Rectification and/or Erasure of Your CPI
If you believe that any of your CPI is incorrect, you may request that it be amended. Odyssey Group will amend CPI that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete and will make reasonable efforts to advise other parties to whom Odyssey Group has supplied your CPI of corrections that are needed.
In certain circumstances, you may be entitled to erasure of the CPI Odyssey Group holds about you. If you wish us to erase your CPI from our systems, you may request that it be deleted.
To request that your CPI be rectified and/or erased, please send your written request to Odyssey Group’s General Counsel as indicated below. Odyssey Group will respond to your request within thirty (30) days or advise you if additional time is required to respond to your request.
There is no charge for rectifying and/or erasing CPI from Odyssey Group’s systems.
Questions or Concerns
Odyssey Re Holdings Corp.
Attn: General Counsel
300 First Stamford Place
Stamford, CT 06902
You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority/ies.
Odyssey Group appreciates your questions and comments about our website and services and welcomes your email messages to mailboxes listed on this website. Odyssey Group will share your messages with those within its organization that are most capable of addressing the issues contained in your message. Odyssey Group will keep a copy of your message until it has had an opportunity to address your concerns. Odyssey Group may archive your message for a certain period of time or discard it, as appropriate.
Connecticut Privacy Protection Notice
Odyssey Group will take reasonable measures to protect the confidentiality of social security numbers and limit access to those with a need for such information. Odyssey Group prohibits the unlawful disclosure of social security numbers.
Last Updated: November 30, 2017